Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Farmville


I’ve never been a person who likes to play games, probably because I get very competitive and also I can be a sore loser. After joining Facebook I kept getting invites from friends and family to join all the online games so I ended up joining Farm Town and played at it in between writing my articles. I haphazardly worked at my farm. My fields were crooked and for the life of me I could not get them straight. My son laughed at my farm and an online friend said it was cute. I planted crops that would take two and three days to grow so I wouldn’t have to visit too often as my writing took precedence. It wasn’t long and someone asked me to join Farmville. At first I worked haphazardly at this farm as well and my fields were crooked. I planted crops that took two and three days to grow here as well after all I now had two farms to look after in between writing. Then my daughter went back to work after her maternity leave and grandma was to babysit. Grandma found she no longer had much time to write, but online games could be played while feeding baby and when baby was asleep and you didn’t have to use many brain cells to play them.

My addiction to Farmville began.
Farm Town takes back seat to Farmville hands up. While both games are basically the same, you build your farm level by level, you tend your crops and earn virtual coins once you sell them Farmville has the added advantage of being able to harvest your animals. On Farm Town your animals walk around aimlessly and you can’t harvest them so you can’t make money off of them. Once you reach a certain level you can sell your animals for mere cents, on Farmville you can harvest your animals and earn money or you can sell them. On Farmville it is easier and faster to level up. Even though I have been playing Farm Town much longer my level on Farmville is higher. My farm field rows are now nice and straight, my farm has grown in size three times since last month, I have animals galore, two cow sheds where my cows pop out a baby calf once in a while. I have a chicken coup, two barns and trees and recently upgraded my small house to a larger farm house. During Christmas there were decorations and the farm was blanketed in snow. The snow has melted now that Christmas is over. Yesterday I was lucky to adopt a lonely pink cow, which I have wanted for the longest time, and also managed to adopt a pink calf, what luck. I now plant rows and rows of crops which I harvest every day.

Feeling stressed, play Farmville and while I play many more online games on Facebook nothing beats Farmville, a relaxing way to pass time. You can almost feel the virtual dirt running through your fingers. It’s a non competitive game where you can see your virtual coins growing every day. Better go, have to harvest my crops and animals and by the way those of you who have fish tanks FEED YOUR FISH! I hate seeing those poor dead fish floating around the tank.

No comments: