Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Power Of Positive Thinking

Last year my daughter lent me a book called 'The Secret. I'm sure a lot of people out there have read the book. I am an avid reader but I did not finish the book because frankly it bored me. I did read some of the book and from what I gather the book is saying that if you use the power of positive thinking you can be successful in life.

Now basically I can be a bit sarcastic and I have a dry sense of humour. Humour is what keeps me going through life. Hey if I didn't laugh I'd sure as hell be crying all the time.

Going through life I have found that the power of negative thinking is more powerful then positive thinking. When I was working, the drive to and from work was spent alone and so this is the time when my mind would start working. Lots of things would pop into my head, most of it not good. For a while I'd be thinking what would happen if I got a flat tire. Once that popped into my head I'd think of nothing else everyday until one day it did happen. There I was stuck on the side of the road at 2 o'clock in the afternoon in the blazing hot sun with a flat tire. No one stopped and I didn't have any numbers in my hand phone of any one that I could call to help me. So I resigned myself to the fact that I would have to change it myself. I did manage to change it after a lot of sweating, grunting and cursing. At least there was a positive side to this situation I wasn't wearing a short skirt that day and the spare tire had air in it. At some point the idea popped into my head that my speedometer might stop working and sure enough it did. On days when I got up on the wrong side of the bed I'd drive to work thinking that someday I would get fired and sure enough it happened. So all through my life I have found that the negative thoughts always happen more often then positive thoughts.

Now that I am into the second month of unemployment I have been trying to think positively. Every day I go online and search for jobs that can be done at home. I day dream of finding a job that will enable me to work from home so I do not have to sit in traffic jams, spend huge amounts of money on gas, toll and parking, and not have to put up with idiot bosses. If I am at home I can keep an eye on my two teenagers making sure they study, don't skip school or mix with bad company.

With my new found power of positive thinking I am hoping that I will find that job and that's what keeps me going. Unfortunately most of the jobs online that I have come across are mostly big scams and promise you, that you can earn thousands of dollars, but hey I keep hoping.

No comments: