Monday, September 1, 2008

Merdeka

Happy 51st Malaysia. Have you noticed this year how quiet it was. The streets were clear no celebrations at home. In my housing area any celebration is cause to set off fireworks, and so as midnight came around I waited for the noise to start. Midnight hit and all I heard was one bang! That was it, for all I know could have been a car back firing. Where is your spirit Malaysia. Is it because the price of gas went up and so did the cost of everything else. That your salary didn't go up with the rising prices. That you have to spend $600- $1000 on gas every month which puts a huge dent in your salary. It's sad sad sad that you have to work your butt off just to pay for your gas to go to work. This past month I have been going through the want adds looking for work something along the line of Admin Assistant, and looking at the salary thats being offered in these jobs I might as well stay home because it amounts to the same thing. By time I pay for my gas I'd have nothing left. And so the search goes on for that perfect job with the good pay. At least one good thing the price of gas did go down 15 cents, unfortunatly nothing else went down in price.

No comments: