Sunday, August 31, 2008

Alcohol and Ciggarettes

Today the price of Alohol and Ciggarettes goes up yet again. What a saaaaad day as they are my only two vices neither of which are good for my health, but what the hell who wants to live forever. Every time the price of ciggarettes goes up I tell my son it's time to quit, but so far can't. I have smoked since the age of 14 so quitting would be like cutting off my right hand. I know, I know there are studies out there that say that smoking causes lung cancer, high blood pressure, enphasema, pre-mature aging of the skin, but to this day I have not been able to quit. Just the thought of quitting makes me smoke more. When I'm stressed out I light up a ciggarette to calm me down. When I get up in the morning, after I have boiled the kettle and thrown the laundry into the washing machine, I make myself a good cup of coffee sit down and light up, and in the wee hours of the morning I sit and smoke and contemplate life. Some of my best ideas (or not )come from this early morning ritual. Now I do not advocate smoking. I always tell my kids not to smoke and so far out of 5 kids only one has given into lure of nicotin. ( I think.) So with the price going up yet again maybe its time to give up my old friend. I hear they now have pills here that you can take to help you quit, cause chewing gum and sucking sweets just doesn't do it for me. The more I think about it the more I want to smoke, maybe I'll wait until the price goes up to Ten dollars. Then we'll see, but if I quit don't ask me to give up alcohol!

1 comment:

Jayzen said...

ahaha.. same here.. just got 2 cartons from a pilot friend before the price went up.. about the ciggies , you won't quit wan.. ehehe..

as for alcohol , there're research that says that it's actually good for health.. (depending on the consumption ar.. ) :)