Monday, August 18, 2008

Wedding Day


After the Ceremony


Lighting of the eternity candles


The bride rushing the mother in



The Bride and Groom with the grooms parents






The Wedding Invitation






The Bride and Groom




Robyn and Mommy








Grandma giving Dawn a gold chain Justin is helping.






The Wedding Table









Dawn on the front of the wedding car.






Jade and Ronald




Justin and Pei Shin









My family






Robyn and Jordan









Me and my mama in law my brother in law behind









Mother of the bride







Mommy and the bride


Sadly my family could not be there.



Today is the one month anniversary of my eldest daughters wedding. It has been a long time coming and I am happy that she is now married. Maybe now I can get some grandchildren. She and her husband began saving for the big day at the beginning of the year and because they are both so busy they decided to hire a wedding planner, and I have to admit the planners did a good job. During our family dinners we talked about the wedding and many a time had joked about the themes. No traditional wedding for my daughter and since they payed for it themselves and I am a pretty liberal person I just went with the flow. We joked how they could dress as Batman and Batgirl or Superman and Supergirl but ultimately in the end they decided to go for a Punk Wedding. With the anouncement at dinner one night everyone groaned because we did not know how to dress. Ok I'm game for anything and so we all started planning on what we would wear. They registered their marriage in May so were legally married by time the wedding dinner rolled around. Her husband had been freaking about how he was going to explain it to his parents and I told him I didn't think they would mind, they'll just be happy your finally getting married. After all they have both been living together for the past 2 years, time to make it legal. The day before the wedding I had taken Robyn and Jordan out to get their clothes and shoes. We went to Sungai Wang on a Friday afternoon and after fighting the traffic jam which is normal on fridays we managed to get there by 2:30 in the afternoon. Didn't leave much time for shopping. After much bitching and complaining ( on my part) we managed to get Jordans outfit. Robyn already had her outfit compliments from her sister Dawn ( the bride) so we only had to buy her, her shoes. I had a dress I'd planned to wear and punk up so I only needed shoes. Of course in the whole of Sungai Wang we could not find shoes and so on the way home we stopped off at Bukit Raja Jusco in Klang where Robyn found her shoes. Figures. I still could not find shoes and because it was getting late I decided to go back into Klang town the next morning to buy my shoes. I had decided to get up early and go. Well you know what they say about best layed plans. The day of the wedding arrived bright and sunny. I had been worried about rain, as for the past few months it had rained almost everyday. The weather was great not too hot and a nice breeze, the kind of day I like. When I had gotten downstairs I found a Mcdonalds big breakfast and so I knew that Jade had made it back from Singapore were she had gone the week before to start a new job. After dragging ass and getting the housework done I sat down and ate my breakfast then went up to take a shower, time was flying by fast and I didn't know how long it would take to buy my shoes. As I was about to close my bedroom door Jade came out of her room to us my toilet and of course to talk. By 11 am I finally got in the shower. Now I really had to hurry because I had to send Robyn to the hairdressers to do her hair, we were thinking along the lines of Amy Winehouse. I got into Klang in a short time and managed to get everything I needed, but by the time I had wanted to leave, the traffic was a hellish mess. Klang is going through some road renovation and I also heard they are building a new flyover to ease congestion, and so it took me almost and hour and a half to get home. While I was cursing and swearing in my car I called Robyn and asked her to walk to the hairdressers do her hair and I would pick her up on the way back as well as pay. The walk from our house to said hairdresser is less then 5 minitues and so she started bitching and complaining about walking. I hung up on her mid rant. A few minutes later I called her back and told her to have her shower and wash her hair and I would send her there. I finally made it home at 2:00 in the afternoon waited outide for her to get in the car and I drove her to the hairdresser. Once there we ran upstairs and of course he was busy so I told him what I wanted and asked if she could be done by 2:30. He said yes so I paid him first and left to go home and do a few things. I had been home around 15 mins when Jade and Ronald (her boyfriend) came back from their shopping excursion. She had bought their outfits in Singapore but still handn't bought shoes so they too had needed to go out. By 2:30 Robyn was done and Ronald went to fetch so I could go upstairs and get ready. The Ceramony was to start at 4:00 and I didn't want to be late. My family, when we go out enmass are always late. Justin and Jade are notorious for dragging ass. So by the time I was finished my shower I had the two girls in the room with me and Jordan all trying to get ready. Now you can imagine 4 people all wanting to use the same room and mirror, Ronald was waiting to use Justins shower cause he was inside doing god knows what. We were supposed to have left Klang at 3:00 but didn't leave til 3:30 and by that time Iwas fuming. We took two cars Jade, Ronald, Robyn and Jordan in one car and Me and Justin in his car as we had to pick up my sister in law and my husbands cousin as well as Justins girlfriend who'd been frantically calling for the past half hour. And so just to add to our lateness my son took the most congested road out of Klang thinking it would be faster. He forgot about all the traffick lights on that route. I told Justin to call his sister to tell her we would be late. So I sat in stoney silence all the way to KL where the wedding would be held, with my sister in law and her cousin yammering in the back seat none stop the whole way and my son cracking wise ass jokes. With my husbands family you can never get a word in edge wise so its best to shut up and listen Entering a conversation with them is like crossing a busy street, always waiting for a break in traffick. We finally managed to get there around 5:00, the last to show up. Only a few had been invited for the exchanging of vows. More would eventually come for the dinner. I got out of the car and walked into the resturant appolagising all the way. When I had gotten half way in I was confronted with waiters bearing drinks. There were orange colored drinks and blue colored drinks and I was asked if I would like one. The first question out of my mouth was got alcohol? Yes one replied and so I said give me one with alcohol, because by that time I really needed it. By the time Dawn and Alex drove up I had already scarfed down three drinks. Luckily it hadn't been any more then that because I was to give the bride away. The ceremony was beautiful and because my daughter is Buhhdist and Alex is a Christian they had a none religious ceremony. They exchanged hand written vows in front of close family and friends. After the ceremony was over Dawn yelled "let"s get drunk!" and of course her mother was the only one to yell back "hell yeah!" The wedding had been planned for everyone to have a good time and get totally drunk and in that sense I did not dissapoint, and so since Dawn in her foresight had rented a service apartment for her family to crash we all got wiped. After all Dawn will be 32 this year and I had fear of her never getting married, so her wedding was cause for celebration. That night I was a social butterfly, always flitting around never without a drink and I am surprised that I walked out on my own two feet. The next morning though I got up looking like I had been through the wars. The biggest hang over in a long time. As everyone slowly started to wake the next day we started talking about the night before and all the embarrassing things that mommy did. Luckily I do not remember most of it. Jade and Ronald had gone home that night so had not stayed in the service apartment. The next day was Sunday and so we went for our family dinner, no beer. We sat and ate and talked about the wedding and all the funny things that happend, when out of the blue Jade started to laugh. We all just looked at her like she had gone nuts or something because nothing funny had been said. At that she announced laughing uncontrolably " Mom You Farted last night and told everyone!" "No I didn't!" I replied indignantly. I would rather hold it in and let my eyes pop out rather then fart in front of strangers."Yes you did she cried, after dancing in your stockining feet, you sat down to put your shoes back on and farted and told everyone, and everyone was plugging their noses!" I am mortified. I do not remember dancing in my stocking feet ( no wonder my socks where filthy) and hopefully I did not swing from the lights or do any other stupid things, but I have to say any other stupid thing I did would not be so embarassing as farting in front of strangers.

No comments: