Thursday, August 14, 2008

Why Do These Things Always Happen To Me

So this morning I got up as usual at 6 am to take my daughter to school. After sweeping and mopping the floor I was sweating like a pig. The weather lately has been really hot and I also think the sweating is due to Menopause.We'll get to menopause later. Anyways after she was ready we got in the car and I switched on the lovely air-con. Oh the joy of that cool cool air blowing on you when your sweating. Of course my daughter always bitches it's too cold, but this morning I noticed it was not too cold and I asked her "Does the air con feel cold to you?" "No she says."so that confirms it, there's something wrong with the air-con. Great I thought. Now I love my car. The poor old thing is now 10 years old so of course you can expect a few things to break down. Like back in May I forked out around $1,300.00 to fix him. That really hurt. It wouldn't be so bad except everytime I go to My Machanic he tells me my car is a piece of shit and it's time to buy a new one. Well the trouble with having a white face in an Asian country, they think your rolling in dough. So I ask you if I were rolling in dough do you think I would have worked at that crappy company that fired me?! I think not. I was thinking maybe the air con needs gas, so once I got home I finished the rest of the daily chores had a shower and headed over to my mother in laws house cause there were prayers for my father in law which my brother in law informed me about yesterday. Now the old man died this past February and every time I turn around there are prayers for him. Ok I understand that Chinese tradition dictates that you must pray for the desceased but even by Chinese tradition this just seems obsessive. Had something to eat listened to family bitching then headed over to My Machanic. So I get there and they started checking the car and after telling me my car is a piece of crap, said that the air con compressor is spoiled. I had 3 options. Number 1: I could install a brand new compressor which would cost me over 500 bucks, Number 2: I could install a second hand compressor which would cost me 230 bucks or I could choose Number 3: sell off the crappy car and buy a new one. Of course I chose number 2. The second hand compressor with one months warranty. Really can't afford a new car, but I do love that car. Then I asked the machanic how long it would take and he said 1 hour. Then I checked my wallet to see how much money was actually inside cause I didn't take my check book. Ok 250 bucks there should be enough so I said go ahead. After waiting there an hour the car was finally finished and I was presented with the bill $300.00. Off course there are always other things included the compressor cost $230.00, the service charge $30.00 and spraying was $40.00. Luckily my mechanic knows me well so I said to him I don't have enough money is it ok for me to go to the ATM and withdraw. Can Aunty, he said ,no need rush. I thought that was pretty nice of him he didn't hold anything hostage until I got back, or follow me to the ATM machine, but then again I've spent so much money at his place I should have shares there already.

No comments: