Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What Is It About Teenagers

So what is it about teenagers, I ask you. Yesterday as I was zoning out on the couch my daughter asks me if she can go to Aeon (thats a local shopping complex). Straight away I said no. Why not she whines at me. Well I said "I just lost my job and have no money coming in." Now teenagers have a way of filtering out data that they don't want to hear. So in her 15 year old brain she probably heard "my job money coming in" and she's probably thinking lots of it. So she goes back to smsing her friend. About an hour later a few of her guy friends stopped by to borrow a dvd which it turns out was lent out to someone else so it was a wasted trip for them. Thats another thing why is it everytime they lend out a dvd its gone forever. I mean they lend it to one friend and then that friend will lend it to another friend and that friend will lend it to another and thats it you never see that sucker again. Now I don't mind but when I actually haven't seen said dvd its a little annoying. Anyway back to what I was saying. After chilling for a while her friends decided to leave, at that point her brother walks down the stairs and her friends ask him to go out to eat with them. My son goes to the kitchen and comes back to the living room with 10 dollars wagging in his hand. Ma, he says I took 10 bucks from your wallet to go and eat. So I just shot him a look and said " so I guess I don't need to cook dinner tonight?" Which is actually not a bad thing cause I really hate cooking. So while all this was going on my daughter had bugged me to pluck her eyebrows, squeeze out her nasty blackheads and after that for good measure I put a sheet mask on her face. Her guy friends thought that was hilarious so one of them whipped out his camera phone and took pictures of her. After that the 3 boys decided to leave but bebfore they left she says to me Mom ah my friend is coming to pick me up to go to Aeon. So I just shot her a look that is reserved especially for her. She figured I wouldn't start yelling at her in front of her 2 guy friends. She was right. Besides by that time I couldn't be bothered to fight with her. So off she goes to take off her mask and shower. Once showered and all dressed up as her friend is waiting outside she says to me on her way out Ma I took 2o bucks from your wallet. So that was it I was out 50 bucks for that day. Your probably thinking right now can this woman add I only calculated 3o bucks. Forgot to mention that earlier my son bugged me to buy him an extention cord so he could hook up his computer in his room, by which I had to drive him out to get said extention cord at a local hardware shop where it cost me 20 bucks. 20 bucks I said after he told me the price and held up the extention cord. You could have bought the same bloody thing in Tesco for $9.90.

No comments: