Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kevin Cowherd

This morning I was up early as usual but today is different as I had to drive over to my mother in laws house to pick up the food for prayers. It is now the hungry ghost month so we must pray to the dead, whom of which would be my husband. Before arriving home I stopped off at the local Kedai to buy my ciggies and a newspaper so I can continue my hunt for a new job, and such a joy that is. After setting up all the food in front of the alter and lighting the joss sticks I switched on my computer and as usual I couldn't log on to Streamyx. Even after upgrading we still have trouble logging onto bloody streamyx and its so annoying. I decided then to sit down with my coffee and read my paper. The boy was still sleeping and the girl was at school so the house was peaceful, which I do so appreciate. As I was almost finishing I came to Kevin Cowherd's column. I do so lovvvvvvvve Kevin Cowherd. His sense of humour is the same as mine and I like to think that if we ever met we'd get along like a house on fire. I'd marry Kevin Cowherd if I could, unfortunatly he's already tied down. So in his usual sarcastic wit he was lombasting Oprah. I love Oprah. Now during my jobless days I can watch her show in the afternoon. I admire that woman who, from nothing became the most influential woman in America. I'd often dream about publishing a book and having it mentioned on Oprah and becoming an overnight most read book. Her Christmas shows are the greatest. The people in the audience are so lucky to be there and they always recieve fantastic gifts. The kids and I always watch her christmas show and drool with envy at all the lovely gifts everyone gets and usually one 0f the kids would pipe up "Why can't we be on Oprah?", and my reply is always "Because we live in Malaysia duuuuuuuuuh." "The cost to fly there would be almost as much as what the gifts are worth." So getting back to Kevin, why is he lombasting Oprah?, not because of her, herself ,but because of her magazine and I guess I have to agree with him. He has issues about Oprah always being on the cover of her magazine looking all glowing and designer togged. Well I've never had the chance to read her O magazine because in Malaysia it costs an arm and a leg, so I wouldn't know if her picture is always on the cover, but to have your own picture on the cover of your own magazine month after month seems a bit narsacisstic. That sounds like something my ex boss would do. Wearing designer clothes and accessories to an office that looks like shit and not enough computers to go around,then has the audacity to complain about the high electric bills during the Monday Morning Meetings.

1 comment:

CNLEE said...

I have also been a fan of kevin cowherd since his column first appeared in a local daily. I have since been reading his other articles in baltimore sun.com. His ability to write about the common problems of the ordinary man with a fresh angle is what makes it humorous, yet enlightening. No, I have not read the one on Oprah as I have always thought of her tv programmes as more of a self-promotion, at times verging on sentimentalism.