Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Friends???

I just read someones blog where by she talks about over hearing someones conversation at lunch. Apparently the girl wanted to leave her job and the guy was offering to help her find a new one and lend her money if need be. Now that was a really nice story. I remember when I lost my job last week, yes its been one week today, as my boss was yelling at me in front of the whole office no one offered me that kind of support. When I looked around they all had their faces buried in their computers acting like nothing was going on. One guy beside me did whisper at me "what happened?" My most closest collegue whispered I'll call you tonight. Which she did after I smsed her. By that time I was fully loaded and started venting. I have never had close friends. With close friends you have to cultivate the relationship and work on it and the very few close friends that I have had, ultimatly disappointed me. So I go on through life avoiding becoming too close to other people. At work I do make friends with people but once I leave we never comunicate again. I am basically a loner. While I am good at PR I perfer not to interface with strangers. I like my alone time. The best part of my day was always the drive home from work alone in my car the radio blasting away where I could get lost in my own thoughts. The best ideas come when I'm alone with my thoughts. I have to say though that I have gotten a few smses from people I used to work for saying How are U and You ok and the best one How come your resigned. Seems the bosses are putting it around the office that I resigned. Good one. I got another sms from one excollegue who wrote Heard you got out of that hell of an office. When I told her what actually happened she wrote Your boss is a immature fag. Never mind you can stay at home be a mom again and let your kids support you. Nice thought hope my kids read this.

4 comments:

koi said...

Kids are reading mom.. support is on the way :) Love, your eldest son

dawnzilla said...

I feel the same about my friends and it was quite evident during my wedding planning. No one threw me a Hans night!! so there you go. And yes. support is on the way...

BoOgerrr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BoOgerrr said...

we are your support systems. always here. anyway. i love reading you blog mom, FYI. keeps my day rolling!