Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Luck

So have you ever heard that saying 'If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all', well that apptly describes me. It's not bad enough that I lost my job, but things just seem to get better and better. Monday morning I'm driving Robyn to school and instead of that squealing sound my car makes, my car is now making a flapping sound. Now the squealing sound I had two mechanics check out and one said nothing is wrong and the other said it's a ball bearing problem nothing major and it can be put off until it becomes worse. Ok that's fine with me but as I said monday it started making a weird flapping sound. Nothing seems to be stuck on the under side of the car. Tuesday rolls around and I have a job interview, so in the morning I drive Robyn to school. I hit the traffick light on Teluk Pulai near the Esso station and had to stop for a red light. Once green I proceeded to go. In front of me is a kid on his bicycle and he seems to be going straight ahead, a motorbike is on my left and he to is going straight ahead so I wait for them to go before making my turn. Well the kid decides to make his turn in the middle of the road runs into the motorbike as I was making my turn. Needless to say I had to slam on my brakes so I wouldn't hit the kid, and the guy behind me plows into my car. Now I don't blame the guy behind not really his fault. It was the stupid kid on the bike. My car bumper now has a nice crack in it on the left hand side. The poor guy was obviously going to work so I just took his name and number and let him go. I too was in a hurry as my interview was at 9:30 in the morning. Got home and rushed to get ready. Got out of the house a little after 8am. Luckily the traffick was not too bad. So I'm driving along and I have this habit of checking my speedometer to make sure I'm not speeding and I'll be damned if the speedometer is not working. So my car is not clocking the mileage either. I manage to get to the interview on time I didn't even get lost which is a major feat on my part as I am directionly challanged. I always get lost. The interview went fine I didn't get the job mainly because I am not willing to travel out station. Old Bessy couldn't take it and Robyn and Jordan need a close eye, especially Robyn. They do have an academy there and the lady said she would keep me in mind when she has an opening. Well isn't that great. Sure doesn't help me now does it. So I leave you now with the titles of 3 books written by that famous author Erma Bombeck, which apptly describe my life " The Grass Is Always Greener On The Other Side", The Grass Grows Greener Over The Septic Tank" and my personal favorite "If Life Is A Bowl Of Cherries, What Am I Doing In The Pits".

No comments: