Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Family troubles and Bullshit Part 2

It never ceases to amaze me all the bullshit that goes on in my mother in laws house. I always knew that once my father in law passed there would be "Big Trouble in Little China". My father in law has some land and property, any cash he had was gone by time he died. My husbands grandfather had come over from China to earn his fortune and this he did with the help of his 6 sons. My in laws marriage had been an arranged marriage and according to my husband a marriage my father in law had not wanted. Seems he had had his eye on some other girl. So there whole married life was filled with arguing and fighting. My mother in law could never do anything right. She used to go and complain to her two sisters about her husband but they never gave her the support she'd wanted. Her two sisters had been widowed at a young age and so were left to support their own families. They both had thought that my mother in law was a foolish woman to complain because she had a big house to live in, money to spend and the chance to go on many trips. All she had ever wanted was love from her husband and a little respect, which he never gave her. My father in law had been a spiffy dresser and had liked to wear gold rings and expesive watches. He spent many of his days at the stock market buying and selling shares. He was generous with friends outside but stingy with his family, and at night he'd be out drinking with his buddies and womanizing, and so by time the old man died he had gone through several fortunes and the family was left in debt to the hospital. So it began on the 49th day of his death. There was a prayer session and thats when the trouble had started. After the prayers had finished by sister in law married to the idiot came up to my son and informed him that she had not said anything before today. As her husband was the eldest son he should be given my father in laws Directorship and any assets the old man left behind should be divided up amongst the family and she wanted what was rightfully hers. Well did you know that people were laughing at her husband outside, because he had gotten nothing. If she had come up to me, and told me that I would have told her that people have always been laughting at your husband. My son just shot her a look and walked away, he wants no part in all this family feuding. The Directorship in which they are referring to is under my husbands grandfathers company and with the passing of each director, the directorship has been passed down to one of their sons. There is my youngest brother in law whom at the age of 38 has never held a job and has always been given money from his father and it seems his wife thinks he should have the directorship and since they are living in the family home cause all kinds of trouble in order to get their way. He once took in the mail not long after the old mans death. In the post was a statement from Maybank, he opened it up and saw the amount, at the end of the statement was RM13,ooo.oo and after seeing that amount of money went and accused my husbands eldest sister of hiding things from them, well here is the bank statement to prove the old man still has money. It seems what he had actually opened was a credit card statement showing the amount still owed on the old mans credit card. Now this is a man who wants to be a director, he can't even tell the difference between a bank statement and a credit care statement. Now the last contender for the directorship is my husbands second sister. She is now around 45 years of age not married living at home and has not worked since she was retrenched back in 1998. According to her the old man had promised her the directorship and is now really pissed that she did not get it. Seems the first uncle told her that women members of the family cannot be a director and so she wants to sue the company. The directorship has gone to my husbands 5th brother, he is not married but is the one trying to keep everything together. He is the one who deserves it. Now I love my husbands eldest sister, she is married with a family of her own and her life has never been easy. She has always done my father in laws accounts and ever since she has been married she has still gone home everyday, which is a bone of contention with her husband and there in lies what her and her husband argue about most. She in her infinit wisdom decided to put all the assests including the old mans shares from his fathers company into my father in laws company. In her mind this will benefit the whole family. I am quite close to my 5th brother in law, as he is the one who has helped me out in times of need after my husbands death, but there are times when we meet up that I just have to ask him who is benefitting from this decision. Those living in the family home are the only ones benefitting. All the ones still living in the family home who are all unemployed are the only ones benefitting. To my way of thinking everything should just be divided up amongst the share holders of my father in laws company. Up to now I have not said anything and Dawn and Justin have told me not to bother about it as they can take care of our family we don't need them. Which is true, but I still can't get my mind around the fact that the "eldest son of the family" cycled all the way to the office in Port Klang to complain to everyone there that I always go to my mother in laws house and fight with people, so they gave Justin a house. Now I ask you where have I had time to go there and complain when I was working up until a few weeks ago. " Hey Justin did you get a house without telling me?"

No comments: